Attorney Portal

Park Avenue Trauma is a trauma injury care medical facility in Brooklyn, New York, that is dedicated to giving patients throughout all five boroughs the care they deserve. We provide medical treatment exclusively to all patients who are referred by lawyers processing Workers Compensation and No-Fault Doctors.


Same day appointments available upon request.

Frequently Asked Questions

What does Workers' Compensation insurance actually cover?


A) All medical care required for any New York State work-related injuries, including all diagnostic testing (such as x-rays or MRIs) and all required treatment (such as physical therapy, any injections or surgery)

B) a significant portion of your lost wages if you are unable to continue working or continue working fewer hours or at modified duties with a lower rate of payment.

What does No-Fault insurance actually cover?


No-Fault insurance covers any person injured while inside or by a car, regardless of who was at fault, and covers:

A) all medical care costs (up to $50,000) for treatment of any injuries sustained resulting from being struck by or while riding in any motorized vehicle (if not also working while injured) whose insurance is in New York State or if the injuries occurred while in New York State.

B) disability payments of up to 80% of your normal wages or $2,000 per month (whichever is lower) for a limited time period.

What should I expect and what should I bring to my first evaluation by the doctor for a Workers' Compensation (WC) or for a No-Fault (NF) case?


A) Expect to spend at least one hour and up to two hours filling out various forms and then being evaluated by the doctor.

B) For both Workers' Compensation and No-Fault cases, bring any medical treatment records that you can obtain, such as from the emergency room, urgent care facility, or other physicians who treated you.

C) For Workers' Compensation cases, please also bring, if possible:
1) a copy of the incident report at your place of employment.
2) a copy of any Workers' Compensation registration forms you have filled out online, such as an C3 form.
3) any information you have received from the Workers' Compensation insurance company by either telephone or in the mail, such as the name of the insurance company, the name of any representative you have spoken to, any claim number you were given, and also any case number you were given, or any letter you have received from the insurance company, especially one with either or both a claim number and a case number.
4) any letter or document you have received from the Workers Compensation Board (WCB), such as the Notice of Case Assembly as well as any other notices.

D) For No-Fault cases, please also bring, if possible:
1) a police report of the accident.
2) a copy of the insurance card and registration for the car that you were driving or a passenger in.
3) a copy of your driver's license.

What should I do as soon as possible after I sustain (a) work-related injury(ies)?


A) If possible, report all of your injuries as completely as possible to your employer or supervisor, being careful not to leave any site of injury out by checking your ability to  move every site in your body.  People frequently report only the area that was struck or the area that hurts the most at first and don't realize that one or more other sites could be injured just as badly. Over the succeeding 2-3 days, continue to examine yourself thoroughly and move all of the joints in your neck, back, arms, and legs, noting any pain, and then report any new sites to your employer and to any doctor by whom you are seen. Workers' Compensation makes it very difficult to establish sites about which you don't complain the first few days after an accident (and which are not also documented by the employer or doctor), so be specific about which part(s) hurt(s).  So, if you believe you hurt your shoulder, but your neck also hurts when you move it, make sure you mention your "shoulder" AND your "neck," specifically.  Don't just point to the general area or name just the one that hurts the most at that moment.

B) Get evaluated as soon as possible by an appropriate doctor, such as at a hospital emergency room or an urgent care facility or, even better, if it's not an emergency, be seen as soon as possible by a Worker's Compensation Board-certified doctor, such as the doctors at Park Avenue Trauma Associates.  We book new appointments as soon as possible in order to preserve your ability to claim injured sites you were not aware were injured.

How can I transfer my Workers' Compensation or No-Fault injury treatment from another facility to your facility?


It is not possible to provide precise criteria for when you would be able to transfer a case to our care, because it involves weighing a large variety of factors.  However, in general, any  case whose treatment began less than six (6) weeks ago is likely to be transferable.

For a definitive answer, please call 1-877-266-7362.

In all cases, if we accept your transfer, we will require as much documentation as you can obtain of any previous medical evaluations, treatment, or reports of tests that you have received as well as the items listed above in part C and D of the third FAQ (What should I expect and what should I bring...)

What types of cases of work-related illness do you not treat?


A) needle sticks causing potential infections, such as hepatitis or HIV (which don't result in a regular infection or deep injury).

B) any allergic reactions

C) any inhalation, ingestion (swallowing), or skin exposure to a harmful substance.

Do you treat hernias?


Hernias are stretching or tearing of weak areas in the inner lining of the abdominal wall, frequently occurring around the right or left groin or around the navel (umbilicus) and sometimes other parts of the abdominal wall, especially areas where there was a surgical incision scar.  These areas then allow abdominal contents, such as intestines, to protrude into them.

Although we do not treat hernias ourselves (we would refer you to the appropriate specialist), quite frequently other areas may have been injured at the same time, such as the back, which, combined with a pinched nerve in the back, can cause pain to shoot through   parts of the abdominal wall and make a person suspect they have a hernia when they really have a pinched nerve. We do treat such an injury, so examine yourself carefully for that possibility, and call us to be examined if you think you have more than just a hernia.

Call Now Button